With Christmas coming up I had the idea that I'd like to make Adelaide a cloth doll with its own wardrobe of clothes.
I used the Poppy doll pattern, which I received from Fiona a long time ago, but never got around to making up. It's a lovely pattern with very easy instructions for the first time doll maker. Next time, I think I'd like to try these pigtails.
Anyway, here's my first attempt.
I'm not sure what Adelaide is going to think of this miss.
To me she looks like she's just had a tooth extraction and is still sporting cotton wadding from the dentist. I'll have to get out my long embroidery needle and work away at those lumps of stuffing in her face.
The doll's top is made from some Liberty scraps from a recent top I made for Adelaide. I wonder what she'll think of matching outfits with her dolly. This fabric looks ever so pretty with the little Jacadi hot pink cardigan that is also pictured.
And now that all my Townmouse stock is nearly sold I have moved Adelaide's wardrobe into the armoire in my studio. I'd much rather look at this pretty selection than the remains of the Townmouse stock, as I've been looking at that since last summer. We can use the extra storage space in the children's bedrooms these days, so the armoire is a handy alternative.
When I tidy out and straighten up the whole armoire, I'll show you a wider view.