It's been a while since I've sewn someone else's pattern. And this one was so cute.
The Franklin Dress by Brooklyn Pattern Company was beautifully drafted and quick to sew.
Adelaide is already a fan. For my first attempt at this pattern I used a wool/cotton Liberty in one of my favourite prints - Betsy. This colour way is perfect for winter.
I learned about this pattern because it is the basis of the "Flip this Pattern" challenge on the Frances Suzanne blog. The challenge is to use the Franklin pattern and add your own twist to it.
I didn't do anything too extreme to the pattern. I added some piping in a coordinating solid colour at the bodice seam on the front and back.
And I also added a sleeve cuff that I gathered the end of the sleeve into, rather than finishing the sleeve with elastic.
All in all both Adelaide and I are happy with the end result. I could also see this pattern making a very cute blouse. That might be my next flip for this pattern.
I'm also going to be on the hunt for some more Liberty in this wool/cotton blend. It's so practical for our cold Melbourne winters and rather lovely to sew with.