I always thought traveling had two Ls.
Anyway, there were still some decent sized scraps of the Liberty left after making the dress and yesterday's top from a two metre piece. Completely smitten with this dress I pinned onto my Children's Clothing Board:
I headed to my attic studio to see about replicating it.
I pulled out an old Townmouse pattern from about six years ago.
This sleeveless empire line dress consists of a bodice and skirt with simple shaping at the seam. I thought this pattern would suit for attempting the same look as the colour blocked dress above.
I didn't have a good red and enough navy for the skirt in my stash and it was too late in the day to squeeze in a visit to Amitie, so I squeaked it out of just enough green and faded navy.
This dress was easy to make. I was worried the bow detail and neck edging would look dodgy, but with a bit of fiddling they turned out fine. I bound the sleeves in a matching Liberty binding.
I think a visit to Amitie is on the cards, as I'd like to get some red and navy and try a more nautical themed dress - maybe even a navy striped or checked neck binding. We shall see what turns up.
The buttons aren't quite right, but I'm not sure what would be, given the change in colour. As it was I changed the thread 3 times when stitching the buttonholes (neckband, bodice, skirt).
This is another clothing item for our sailing holiday. I think I'm on a bit of a roll now.
You can see what other seamstresses are doing here.